- remove all decorations, tinsel, and stand from the tree.
- cut the tree into pieces, if needed, to fit into green bin.
- place the tree pieces inside the green bin and put out for regular pick-up on collection day.
- Call the 24-hour Customer Care Center at 1-800-773-2489
- Request "Christmas Tree Recycling" on the MyLA311 website
- Request "Christmas Tree Recycling" on our website by clicking the green SERVICE REQUEST tab on the right of the screen
- Drop your tree off at one of many drop off locations
What else can be recycled at the holidays?
Conventional gift wrapping paper may use glitter, foil, or a laminate to make it more durable and appealing; nonetheless, these items cannot be easily removed for recycling.
There are some exceptions including holiday packaging like cartons, cardboard, certain plastics and gift boxes that can be placed in the blue bin for recycling. However, it is illegal to place household hazardous waste, such as electronics (i.e. televisions and computers) and batteries into the collection bins. Please take those items to one of our S.A.F.E. Centers for safe disposal and recycling.
Large boxes will need to be broken down, then cut and tie into 4×4 bundles weighing no more than 30 pounds. You can place the bundles next to your blue bin, facing the street so drivers can see them.